Thursday 11 May 2023

Inquiry Focus Term 2 2023

I have 17 students in my classroom. While the other students are entirely new to this kind of instruction, nine students have completed Tier 1, Weeks 1 through 10 of the BSLA. I was advised to start everyone at week 1.

My focus group is made up of the students who will be the subject of my case study for this semester. The children are divided into two groups.

Students who are progressing and developing well, will be referred to as students Kl, Ka,and La.

Struggling students who aren't progressing as they should will be referred to as Va, Lu, and Ay.


What have I noticed thus far:


I'm in Week 4 right now, and I've already seen how important it is to keep to the

routine each day.

You must plan the activities and resources you'll use each day to make sure everything goes

as planned.

Every week, worksheets need to be prepared for students reading log so that parents may help

with learning and reading at home.While doing group reading, it is crucial to establish classroom rules, norms, and

student management.

The whole class activities are different each day, they are enjoyable, and the pupils are engaged.

Sometimes, students prefer working with a partner than constantly alerting the teacher.Students are becoming more self-assured and confident.


What I need to work on:

-Follow up tasks that students can complete independently

-Consolidation activities

-Using iPads to support students learning

-Using the Class site to support parents at home who are new to this approach in learning.

I appreciate being a part of BSLA, and I feel that the resources, lesson plans, and weekly Zoom sessions are helpful.  I consider myself really fortunate to have friends at my school who have completed the BSLA programme to help me.




No comments:

Post a Comment