Monday 15 June 2015

Not too young to learn......

At our last toolkits session at Stonefields, teachers from other clusters shared their experiences and success stories about children using digital devices in the classroom. I was really impressed  with how they were using their class sites for learning. I thought about it and decided to try it out with my Year 1's. So, for the last two weeks I have been teaching children how to use my class site to access their Explain Everything activities. I started out  by doing it group by group  during  my reading lessons. It took me a few days to learn how to link the Explain Everything activities and make it accessible to learners. Mrs. Belt was very supportive in helping me with my site and answered all my questions. Her video clips were very useful and I still refer to them when needed. Some of my more capable children are now using the site independently and they are now supporting the others.

The amazing thing about using the class site is that now some children have started using the site from home to extend their learning. My next focus is to encourage other parents to use the site to continue to help their children in their digital learning journey.



Reading activities.

Maths activities to practise number knowledge.


Follow up tasks assigned to groups when  children have
completed their Explain Everything activity.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so proud I was able to share my site and successes with you at the Stonefields PD! Isnt't it great learning from each other! Well done!

    ReplyDelete